Who We Are
The Hillsborough Democrats are comprised of two organizations, the Hillsborough Democratic Alliance and the Hillsborough Democratic Organization. They work closely as one cohesive organization with a single mission.
- Supporting and electing candidates who share our vision of government as a force for bettering the lives of all citizens
- Maintaining transparency and positive communication between township government and the people of Hillsborough Township
- Demanding the highest ethical standards on the part of our public officials
- Ensuring the highest quality of education for our children
- Standing for responsible, measured development–both commercial and residential–to ensure the protection of our land and resources for all future generations
- Supporting sound financial planning and budgeting, and ensuring our town’s AAA bond rating is not compromised
- Maintaining our town both through the support of municipal projects (e.g. road maintenance, parks maintenance, recreational activities, etc.) as well as through volunteer efforts
- Advocating for positions that are true to our Party’s principles
- Encouraging our fellow Democrats to volunteer, and play an active role in our town
Hillsborough Democratic Alliance (HDA)
The HDA is the Democratic social club in Hillsborough Township. Any registered Democrat can become a member of HDA. The HDA holds social and fundraising events. In addition, the HDA awards a scholarship to a graduating senior of Hillsborough High School.
The HDA meets on the first Wednesday of each month at 6:30 PM at the Avalon Assisted Living Center (393 Amwell Road). The bylaws of the HDA govern its operation and selection of officers.
Become a member today! Download the application.
The HDA officers for the June 2016 to June 2017 term are:
- Anne Iannone – President
- Amedeo d'Adamo – First Vice President
- Steven Pick – Second Vice President
- Thuy Anh Le – Third Vice President
- Meryl Bisberg – Corresponding Secretary
- Jeremy Perlmutter – Recording Secretary
- Howard Greenberg – Treasurer
Hillsborough Democratic Organization (HDO)
The HDO is the official Hillsborough Democratic municipal committee of the New Jersey Democratic Party. The HDO committee members are elected but he citizens of Hillsborough to represent their district within the municipality. The organization endeavors to improve our township through community engagement and political involvement. It's aim is to be a progressive voice for Hillsborough Township, and will always support what is in the best interest of the entire community and all its people.
The HDO selects and supports Democratic candidates running for municipal office, as well as aiding in county, state and national initiatives of the Democratic Party, such as candidate campaigns.
The HDO meets on the first Wednesday of each month at 7:30 PM at the Avalon Assisted Living Center (393 Amwell Road). The bylaws of the HDO govern its operation and selection of officers, and govern the conduct of the Democratic Party in Hillsborough Township. The committee members are elected in accordance with N.J.S.A Title 19 and serve a 4 year term.
The HDO officers for the June 2016 to June 2017 term are:
- John Beggiato – Chair
- Anne Iannone – Vice Chair
- Meryl Bisberg – Secretary
- James Bergstrom – Treasurer
- Howard Greenberg – Sergeant At Arms
If you are interested in becoming involved, contribute or subscribe to our newsletter, make your selection below.